Spicy Ultimate Corn Dogs
With an easy cornmeal batter, this chicken corn dog is a summer classic is baked instead of deep-fried, making it the healthy homemade version the whole family will love.
- 4 Maple Lodge Farms Spicy Ultimateâ„¢ Chicken Frankfurters
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- Ketchup, for serving
- Mustard, for serving
1Preheat oven to 425ËšF. In bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, sugar and salt. Cut in butter with fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal.
2In separate bowl, whisk egg with milk; stir into flour mixture, mixing just until combined.
3Insert wooden stick into each sausage lengthwise, leaving 2-inch handle. Wrap dough around each frankfurter to cover and enclose. Arrange on parchment paperâ€“lined baking sheet.
4Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with ketchup and mustard.
To make sure your chicken is cooked through, look for an internal temperature reading of 82° C for a whole chicken and 74° C for ground poultry, chicken pieces & cuts.
– Instead of using Spicy Ultimateâ„¢ Chicken Frankfurters, substitute Maple Lodge Farms Ultimateâ„¢ Chicken Frankfurters or Smokiesâ„¢ Chicken Sausages if desired.
– Corn dogs can also be served with salsa, guacamole or tzatziki sauce.
– For an extra-smooth corn dog, wrap in plastic wrap and twist ends to tighten.
Sign Up for Our Newsletter
Keep up to date on our latest news, information and updates.
You can unsubscribe anytime.