4 - 6
- 8 Maple Lodge Farms Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs, cut into 2 to 3 pieces (about 1 Â½ lbs/ 750 g)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) each ground coriander seed and ground cumin
- 1 tsp (5 mL) turmeric
- Â½ tsp (2 mL) each salt and black pepper
- Â½ tsp (2 mL) cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh gingerroot, finely chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) canned crushed tomatoes
- Â½ cup (125 mL) sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- Â½ cup (125 mL) light coconut milk
- Garnish: fresh coriander or parsley, chopped (optional)
1In a large bowl, combine ground coriander, cumin, turmeric, salt, pepper and cayenne; toss with chicken pieces.
2In a large deep skillet (preferably non-stick) cook onions in oil over medium heat, stirring often, for about 10 minutes, until softened and lightly browned.
3Add garlic and ginger and cook about 1 minute.
4Stir in chicken and cook, stirring often, until lightly browned.
5Add tomatoes, broth and bay leaf and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer covered for about 15 minutes or until chicken is tender.
6Add coconut milk and cook uncovered for 5 minutes longer; remove bay leaf.
7Serve garnished with fresh coriander or parsley, if desired.
To make sure your chicken is cooked through, look for an internal temperature reading of 82° C for a whole chicken and 74° C for ground poultry, chicken pieces & cuts.
Sign Up for Our Newsletter
Keep up to date on our latest news, information and updates.
You can unsubscribe anytime.