- 12 Fresh From The Farm Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon each ground cumin and dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
1In slow cooker, combine tomatoes, beans, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, maple syrup, vinegar, bay leaves, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper. Stir in sweet potatoes, onion, celery, jalapeño and garlic. Arrange chicken over top.
2Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours, or LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until chicken is very tender. Shred chicken with 2 forks and return to slow cooker. Add corn; cook for about 5 minutes or until corn is heated through.
3Spoon into bowls and top with cheese and green onions.
To make sure your chicken is cooked through, look for an internal temperature reading of 82° C for a whole chicken and 74° C for ground poultry, chicken pieces & cuts.
– For a spicier chili, serve with your favourite hot sauce or add cayenne pepper to taste. For a milder chili, substitute a bell pepper or poblano pepper for jalapeño pepper.
– Use cannellini, great northern or navy beans in the chili.
Sign Up for Our Newsletter
Keep up to date on our latest news, information and updates.
You can unsubscribe anytime.