- 4 Ultimate™ Maple Breakfast Chicken Sausage, 1 pkg (14 oz/375 g)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil, divided
- 2 cups (500 mL) diced frozen hash browns
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) Cajun seasoning
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
1Heat 2 tbsp oil in large skillet set over medium heat. Cook sausages, turning, for 4 to 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until sausages are cooked through and internal temperature reaches 165˚F (74°C). Chop sausages and set aside.
2Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in large non-stick skillet set over medium heat. Cook hash browns for 5 to 8 minutes or until starting to brown. Stir in red pepper, yellow pepper, red onion, jalapeño and Cajun seasoning. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through and vegetables are starting to soften.
3Using spoon, create 4 small wells in the vegetable mixture; crack egg into each well. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low; cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until egg whites are set and yolks are cooked as desired.
4Top with chopped sausage; sprinkle with green onions before serving.
- Alternatively, top hash with poached or scrambled eggs if preferred.
Sign Up for Our Newsletter
Keep up to date on our latest news, information and updates.
You can unsubscribe anytime.