Pulled Chicken Wrap with Corn Salad
Looking for a tender, juicy chicken thigh with Mexican flair but strapped for time? Enter your slow cooker! Grab your favourite salsa, some chicken thighs and wraps. It's taco time!!
- 12 Fresh From The Farm Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 2/3 tablespoons mild salsa
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes (for more for a spicier version)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Salt & pepper
- Corn Salsa:
- 2 cans of whole kennel corn
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
- 2 green onions, thinly chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt & pepper
1Pour mild salsa into slow cooker. Blend in garlic, chili powder, ground cumin, hot pepper flakes, dried oregano and cornstarch. Add boneless skinless chicken thighs and mix until chicken is well-coated.
2Cook on low for 5 hours or until chicken is falling apart.
3Remove chicken and, using two forks, shred meat. Add cooking sauce from the slow cooker and mix together. Set aside in a serving platter or bowl.
4Combine corn salsa ingredients in a bowl.
5Serve pulled chicken with hard or soft tortillas, corn salsa and your choice of garnishes such as guacamole, shredded Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream, sliced jalapenos, chopped green onions and/or chopped cilantro.
To make sure your chicken is cooked through, look for an internal temperature reading of 82° C for a whole chicken and 74° C for ground poultry, chicken pieces & cuts.
Sign Up for Our Newsletter
Keep up to date on our latest news, information and updates.
You can unsubscribe anytime.