- 4 Ultimate™ Mild Italian Chicken Sausage, 1 pkg (18 oz/500 g)
- 1 large onion, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds (1 cm)
- 4 sausage buns, split
- 1 cup (250 mL) marinara sauce, warmed
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh basil leaves, torn
1Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well. Grill sausages, turning frequently, for 12 to 18 minutes or until cooked through and internal temperature reaches 165˚F (74°C).
2Meanwhile, grill onion rounds for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until lightly charred and tender.
3Assemble sausages in buns. Top with grilled onions, warmed marinara sauce, mozzarella and Parmesan.
4Turn off one side of the grill; cover and grill sausages in buns on this side for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese starts to melt. Garnish with basil.
- Substitute slices of fresh mozzarella for shredded mozzarella cheese if preferred.
- Substitute a drizzle of basil pesto for fresh basil if desired.
Sign Up for Our Newsletter
Keep up to date on our latest news, information and updates.
You can unsubscribe anytime.