Grilled Tex-Mex Chicken Smokies Pizza
There’s no question about it, family pizza night is always a good night. When you taste this chicken smokies 'za you'll be tempted to have pizza night more often.
- 4 Maple Lodge Farms Smokies Chicken Sausages, sliced diagonally
- 1 pound store-bought pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2/3 cup prepared salsa
- 1 1/2 cups Tex-Mex shredded cheese
- 1 jar sliced flame-roasted peppers, drained
- 1/4 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup corn kernels
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
1Preheat grill to medium heat; grease grate well.
2On lightly floured work surface, cut pizza dough in half. Roll out each portion into 12- x 8-inch rectangle; brush with olive oil.
3Grill each pizza base for 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbles start to form. Flip over; grill for 2 to 3 minutes or until bottom is grill-marked. Remove from grill. Reduce heat to medium-low.
4Spread salsa evenly over pizza base; top with cheese, peppers, black beans, corn, and sliced Smokies Chicken Sausages. Return to grill; close lid and grill for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese starts to melt and toppings are heated through. Sprinkle with green onion before serving.
To make sure your chicken is cooked through, look for an internal temperature reading of 82° C for a whole chicken and 74° C for ground poultry, chicken pieces & cuts.
– Serve pizza with dollop of guacamole or drizzle of sour cream if desired.
– For a spicy addition, top pizzas with thinly sliced fresh or pickled jalapeño peppers.
Sign Up for Our Newsletter
Keep up to date on our latest news, information and updates.
You can unsubscribe anytime.