Cranberry Dijon Chicken Wellington
Wow your guests with these crowd-pleasing individual Chicken Wellingtons. Made with store-bought puff pastry and prepared cranberry sauce, this chicken breast recipe is quick and easy to prepare.
- 2 Maple Lodge Farms Fresh From the Farm Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 ounces brick-style plain cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup cranberry sauce
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 6 frozen pre-rolled puff pastry sheets, thawed (each about 10-inches)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
1Using sharp knife, slice each chicken breast in half lengthwise; season with sage, poultry seasoning and half of the salt and pepper. Heat oil and butter in large skillet set over medium heat; sear chicken, turning once, for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to plate; let cool completely.
2Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425° F (220° C). In bowl, beat together cream cheese, Dijon mustard, chives, garlic and remaining each salt and pepper. In separate bowl, stir together cranberry sauce, mustard and maple syrup.
3Place puff pastry on lightly floured work surface. Cut each sheet into two 7- x 5-inch (18 x 13 cm) rectangles to make a total of 12 rectangles.
4Spread cream cheese mixture over four pastry rectangles, leaving 1-inch (2.5 cm) border; spread cranberry mixture over cream cheese mixture. Place chicken breast on top. Cap each breast with two pastry rectangles to create thicker crust on top. Press together edges to seal; roll and crimp border. Cut vent holes in top pastry.
5Place on parchment paperâ€“lined baking sheet, spacing at least 4 inches (10 cm) apart. Brush egg lightly over pastry; bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
To make sure your chicken is cooked through, look for an internal temperature reading of 82° C for a whole chicken and 74° C for ground poultry, chicken pieces & cuts.
– Reserve scraps of pastry to roll around pieces of Maple Lodge Farms Smokies Chicken Sausages to make sausage rolls.
Sign Up for Our Newsletter
Keep up to date on our latest news, information and updates.
You can unsubscribe anytime.