- 1 lb (500 g) Fresh From The Farm Chicken Cutlets
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups (500 mL) strained puréed tomatoes (passata)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh torn basil
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) canola oil
- 1 1/3 cups (325 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese
1Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Heat olive oil in saucepan set over medium heat; cook garlic for 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened slightly; stir in basil.
2Meanwhile, in shallow dish, stir together flour, salt and pepper. Place egg is separate dish. In another dish, toss together bread crumbs and 1/4 cup (60 mL) Parmesan cheese. Dredge chicken in flour, then dip in egg, then coat in bread crumb mixture.
3Heat canola oil in large skillet set over medium heat. In batches, cook chicken for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden brown all over. Drain on paper towel.
4Spread half of the sauce into 13- x 9-inch (3 L) baking dish. Arrange chicken on top. Ladle remaining sauce over chicken and sprinkle with mozzarella; bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until bubbly and chicken is cooked through. Serve with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- To make sure your chicken is cooked through, look for an internal temperature reading of 180° F (82° C) for a whole chicken, and 165° F (74° C) for ground poultry, chicken pieces and cuts.
- For a classic meal, serve the chicken with spaghetti and a tossed salad. Or serve as a sandwich in a toasted ciabatta bun.
Sign Up for Our Newsletter
Keep up to date on our latest news, information and updates.
You can unsubscribe anytime.