- 8 Fresh From The Farm Chicken Drumsticks
- 2 cups (500 mL) buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) each salt and pepper, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each garlic powder and mustard powder
- Canola oil, for frying
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) honey
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sriracha hot sauce
1In resealable plastic bag, combine buttermilk, and 1 tsp (5 mL) salt and pepper; add chicken, turning to coat well. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
2In shallow dish, whisk together flour, paprika, garlic powder, mustard powder, and remaining salt and pepper.
3Dredge chicken in flour mixture; return to coat chicken in buttermilk, then dredge again in flour mixture. Transfer to parchment paperâ€“lined tray. Let stand for 10 minutes.
4Meanwhile, pour enough oil into high-sided skillet to come 2 inches (5 cm) up side; heat over medium heat until instant-read thermometer reads 350° F (180° C).
5Fry chicken, turning once, for 15 to 20 minutes or until juices run clear and instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of drumstick registers 165° F (74° C). Transfer to paper towelâ€“lined tray. Stir honey with hot sauce; drizzle over chicken.
- To make sure your chicken is cooked through, look for an internal temperature reading of 180° F (82° C) for a whole chicken, and 165° F (74° C) for ground poultry, chicken pieces and cuts.
- Alternatively, use an air fryer or deep fryer to cook chicken, following manufacturer’s instructions.
Sign Up for Our Newsletter
Keep up to date on our latest news, information and updates.
You can unsubscribe anytime.