- 8 Fresh From The Farm Chicken Drumsticks
- 2 cups (500 mL) buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) each salt and pepper, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each garlic powder and mustard powder
- Canola oil, for frying
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) honey
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sriracha hot sauce
1In resealable plastic bag, combine buttermilk, and 1 tsp (5 mL) salt and pepper; add chicken, turning to coat well. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
2In shallow dish, whisk together flour, paprika, garlic powder, mustard powder, and remaining salt and pepper.
3Dredge chicken in flour mixture; return to coat chicken in buttermilk, then dredge again in flour mixture. Transfer to parchment paperâ€“lined tray. Let stand for 10 minutes.
4Meanwhile, pour enough oil into high-sided skillet to come 2 inches (5 cm) up side; heat over medium heat until instant-read thermometer reads 350° F (180° C).
5Fry chicken, turning once, for 15 to 20 minutes or until juices run clear and instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of drumstick registers 165° F (74° C). Transfer to paper towelâ€“lined tray. Stir honey with hot sauce; drizzle over chicken.
- To make sure your chicken is cooked through, look for an internal temperature reading of 180° F (82° C)Â for a wholeÂ chicken,Â andÂ 165° F (74° C)Â for ground poultry, chicken piecesÂ andÂ cuts.Â Â
- Alternatively, useÂ anÂ air fryer or deepÂ fryer to cook chicken, following manufacturer’s instructions.Â Â
Sign Up for Our Newsletter
Keep up to date on our latest news, information and updates.
You can unsubscribe anytime.