Quick Dinner Hack: One-Pan Chicken Souvlaki
This is a guest blog post by the GG Sisters.
With all the extra-curricular activities happening after school, quick and easy dinners are a must in both our households.
And of course, we are using our fave Maple Lodge Farms® Fresh From The Farm® Chicken breast for this recipe.
Ingredients for Chicken Souvlaki:
- 1 Pack of Maple Lodge Farms® Fresh From The Farm® Chicken Breast cut in cubes
- 2 tablespoons of oregano
- 125 ml of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 1 squeezed lemon
- 1 red onion
- 2 red and yellow peppers
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- Pack of Pitas
- Create marinade and mix oregano, olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon, salt, garlic, and pepper.
- Place chicken in marinade and let it sit in fridge for 3 to 4 hours covered.
- Cut red onion, peppers, tomatoes and place to one side of pan and drizzle with olive oil.
- Add chicken to other side of pan.
- Put in oven for 20 minutes last two minutes turn to broil for a nice crunch.
- Serve in a warm pita and add fresh tzatziki & feta. Recipe below.
- 1/2 of a large cucumber grated and drain excess water
- 1 1/2 cups plain full-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Mix altogether and leave in fridge overnight and serve!
We also have some big news… you can catch us cooking LIVE on Saturday, November 2nd, 2019 from The Royal Winter Fair in Toronto! We are going to be cooking this recipe for everyone, so pop in and come join our cooking show!
Make sure you enter the MLF giveaway contest to see us there!
This blog was sponsored by Maple Lodge Farms® however all thoughts and ideas are our own.
Sign Up for Our Newsletter
Keep up to date on our latest news, information and updates.
You can unsubscribe anytime.