An update from Maple Lodge Farms regarding the ongoing COVID -19 Pandemic
Keeping our employees and communities safe and healthy remains our top priority. As the threat of the Coronavirus persists with the new Omicron variant, we continue to impress upon our employees the importance of carefully practicing all of the preventive measures put in place in our workplace, as well as following all public health measures outside of work.
We continue to encourage our employees to get vaccinated, as an additional proven measure to keep themselves, their co-workers, families and communities safe. In order to facilitate this, we will once again be holding onsite employee vaccination clinics at our Brampton and Mississauga plants and Distribution facility over the next couple of weeks.
We maintain comprehensive and audited infection control programs which include but are not limited to the following measures:
- We have suspended all visitors to our facility outside of those deemed essential to the operation of our business for example, contractors and delivery drivers
- We maintain a strict screening policy, ensuring only healthy people enter our workplace
- We require all employees and essential visitors to wear masks at all times in all areas of our facilities
- We conduct rapid antigen testing to detect asymptomatic individuals, as necessary
- We have added temporary lunchroom spaces and equipped all common spaces with multiple, portable hand-washing and sanitization stations
- We have imposed physical distancing measures in our common spaces including the installation of Plexiglas shields in between adjacent seating areas in our cafeteria
- We have equipped all of our production employees with personal protective equipment over and above that which may be required in the course of their usual duties, including masks, face shields, aprons, and gloves
- We have staggered our production shifts for better physical distancing
- We have implemented precautionary and frequent deep cleaning initiatives and added ongoing cleaning rotations for frequently used areas/surfaces to our already rigorous sanitation procedures
- We communicate openly and frequently with our employees through bulletins, letters and tv monitors in common spaces to keep them informed and provide them information on handwashing and other hygiene measures, as well as tips on how to stay safe outside of the workplace
- We work closely with local Public Health Agencies and the Ministry of Labour to ensure our infection control measures are effective and up-to-date
- We meet frequently with our onsite CFIA management team to share information and establish collaborative efforts to keep all of our employees safe
- We work together with the rest of our industry to share knowledge and continuously improve best practices, as well as continue to consult with health experts and regulators to ensure that we are doing the best possible job in protecting our people and workplaces
We remain committed to ensuring our workplace is safe, and fulfilling the high consumer demand for healthy, safe, best-quality chicken.
Sign Up for Our Newsletter
Keep up to date on our latest news, information and updates.
You can unsubscribe anytime.