This is a guest post by the GG sisters; keep reading for spooktacular snacks your kids are sure to love!
Every Halloween we always find ourselves in a rush to have dinner ready and get the kids out the door so they can go trick-or-treating. This Halloween, we decided to change things up and create an easy Halloween-themed dinner that is not only fun but super delicious! Read on to see how to make our Spooky Pulled Chicken Dip & Jack-O-Lantern Quesadillas (using Maple Lodge FarmsÂ® Fresh From The FarmÂ® chicken of course!).
Jack -O- Lantern Quesadilla’s
- Â½ a pack of Maple Lodge FarmsÂ® Fresh From The FarmÂ® Chicken Breasts
- Mini Tortillas
- 2 tablespoons of salsa
- 1 half of an onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- Â¼ cup of olive oil
- 1 pack of taco seasoning
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Place chicken breasts, salsa, onion, salt, pepper, olive oil, and taco seasoning for 3 to 4 hours in slow- cooker.
- At 3 hours and 15 minutes mark, grab a fork and start shredding the kitchen with a fork and then let it cook for remainder of time in slow-cooker.
- While chicken is slow -cooking start making pumpkins out of your tortillas. Tip: Use scissors, it’s much easier.
- Now it’s time to create. Have one flat tortilla (not cut) shell and drop some shredded chicken on it, then add shredded cheese so it’s all orange. Then add cut out pumpkin.
- Place in oven at 400 F for 10 minutes.
Spooky Pulled Chicken Dip
- 500ml of sour cream
- 500ml of guacamole
- 250ml salsa
- 1/2 a pack of Maple Lodge FarmsÂ® Fresh From The FarmÂ® Chicken Breast
- 6 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 red pepper
- 1/2 onion
- 125 ml of black olives
- 2 cups of shredded cheese
- Grab a deep-dish bowl.
- Spread the salsa for the first layer.
- Add shredded chicken (If you are making both recipes use remainder of chicken from above) for the second layer.
- Add a generous amount of cheese for the third layer (not all of it – save some for the top part).
- Layer 4- Â½ of the red pepper chopped up.
- Add aour cream (you will need some for later).
- Add Quacamole. Spread and pat everything down with a spatula.
- Create a border with the remainder of your shredded cheese
- Add olives around edges (but save two to create a spider!).
- Add cut cherry tomatoes and onions around border.
- Get remainder of sour cream, put in a zip lock bag and cut a hole on the end.
- Draw circles in the middle with your sour cream bag and then lines across each circle to make it look like a spider web in the middle.
- Cut up a few olives and make a spider out of olives and place in the middle of web.
- Serve with chips!
Happy Halloween friends!
If you try these recipes let us know, we would love to see how they turned out for you.
This post was sponsored by Maple Lodge FarmsÂ®, however all thoughts and ideas are our own.
Sign Up for Our Newsletter
Keep up to date on our latest news, information and updates.
You can unsubscribe anytime.